Sunday, February 26, 2023

Composition

     Making my storyboard was an important step in this film opening process. I had begun it a few days prior, but took a break and was able to do it quite easily. I never find it hard getting my ideas onto paper I just have a hard time explaining them. I tried to show to the best of my ability show the techniques I wanted to incorporate, but I think it would be better if I just elaborated on them here. 

Color: I really want to have red curtains for the opening scenes, but the place I am filming at has blue. No matter what the main character will be wearing a white dress. This will be done to demonstrate her innocence in the situation. She doesn't want to live like this and doesn't know what's really going on inside her own head. 

Eyeline Match: An eyeline match is done to show the viewer exactly what the character is looking at which I plan to use in the story. When the people begin talking to her this will allow the viewer to see her and then what the person talking to her. The repetition of this is going to be used to display her stress as the pressure becomes too much. 

Long shot: The use of long shots in the production will be extensive. I want her to be seen in full and then be brought closer. This will also allow her wardrobe to be seen. 

Medium & close-up shots: These two shots will be used to bring the audience closer to the main character. The medium shot introduces her in a closer light which will then turn into close-ups as her situation intensifies. 

In reference to sound, I'm not sure if I'll be adding music. I want it to feel authentic to the piece and nothing has come to mind. 

Thanks for reading, be back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I truly never thought this day would come but it has. I am officially done with my A level Media project. Part of me feels so much joy beca...