Friday, March 3, 2023

Group meetings & feedback

    We had an in-class group meeting the other day and I had begun typing up a post but wasn't able to finish it because life really got in the way. I'm really glad to be here today though because I felt like real progress was made and it really did help me overall. 
    We went through each group member's projects and discussed what we thought each other could do to improve their project. The first thing my group told me to do was to watch Black Swan. I haven't gotten around to it because it's been a tough week, but I plan to watch it before I film so I can then finalize my plans. If I get the chance to watch the movie I'll post about it later on here if it helped me develop any ideas. 
    My original idea had my main character in a situation that needed a large audience, which would be complicated for me to obtain. We can up with the idea that it should be an audition, so it could only be a couple of people that I can easily source. They also suggested I add a shot from behind the judges. Almost like a double over the shoulder showing the main character in between them. I really like the idea and hope I'm able to find a way to incorporate it. 
    The rest of the ideas they presented would be complete add-ons to the production, but I really like them. The first would be to add classical music to the theatre portion that would transfer into the real world. This works well with my idea of her dream world and reality meshing. They proposed having it play on a record player which I have so that'll work well. 
    The last two suggestions would happen right after each other. The main character would scream making the screen go black which they suggested should be a fast zoom-in. I'm not sure how I feel about it but I will definitely test the shot and have it as an option. The last suggestion was to have an extreme close-up of her eyes when we enter the real world which is another shot I'm iffy on, but will of course consider it. 
    Thanks for reading, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I truly never thought this day would come but it has. I am officially done with my A level Media project. Part of me feels so much joy beca...