Monday, February 12, 2024

The beginning of the end...portfolio time


 It hasn't been too long, but I know you've missed me. I'm equal parts excited and really scared for the portfolio project. While it’s something we’ve been building up to all year I still feel nervous looking at the overall project. Will my ideas be good enough? Will I be able to execute them? Time will tell but I should probably tell you what I’ve been doing since you last heard from me. 

To learn about the distribution process we created teasers and trailers along with a distribution plan for stories written by the creative writing class. I really enjoyed this project as it pushed me away from my own ideas and made me use someone else’s story. I also worked with a new group of people so I was able to experience a different dynamic than I’m used to. I can’t say it was my favorite experience but it showed me the reality of making a project work in the real world. We based our project around a story titled Viper which followed a young girl faced with the difficult decision of becoming a spy. Personally, I love a female lead so getting to create a promotional product wasn’t difficult and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ll include the link below in case you want to watch it. 

VIPER

While I did enjoy making the project I enjoyed making the documentary so much more. It felt like a challenge I had never faced and something I wanted to tackle. So when talks began about the portfolio project and which package we were going with it was undoubtedly the documentary. You may see I said we that’s because for this project I’ll be working with Maria my best friend. I worked with her on the documentary project and we plan to continue our collaboration through the portfolio project. We truly put blood, sweat, and tears into the first documentary and I know with the amount of time we have to complete this we could create something 10x better. 

I’m so excited to see where this project goes. Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I truly never thought this day would come but it has. I am officially done with my A level Media project. Part of me feels so much joy beca...