Friday, February 16, 2024

Ideas...Ideas...

I swear I'm not an indecisive person I just seem to strive for perfection when it comes to this class. Combining two brains leaves a lot of room for ideas and in our case, we have 3 ideas that are all over the scale. 

First Idea: The Circuit 

Our high school newspaper is like a machine and releases a newspaper every quarter. This documentary would follow each job within the class and the process of creating our school's paper. For our previous documentary research, we watched Abstract: The Art of Design. This documentary follows the lives of different artists in each episode. We would essentially mirror this format and follow roles like the teacher and the editor-in-chief. My fear about doing this production is that it might be boring and not interesting enough to create engaging episodes. 

Second Idea: Student Hobbies

Our idea for this documentary came from our friends and all the interesting hobbies they have. Due to complications that may arise when trying to film in school for The Circuit idea we thought moving out of school would make our lives a lot easier. We would focus on students like our friend Chiara who sings and hosts events along with our friends Josh and Sai who have an informational sports podcast. This would highlight how important students' lives are out of school and how doing things they enjoy can better their lives. 

Third Idea: Behind the scenes 

This is my favorite idea of the three we are presenting here. This documentary would focus on the creation of different productions like a podcast, short film, and documentary. I like to call it a documentary about a documentary (but not actually about a documentary). This would introduce us to ideas we never thought about exploring in a storytelling aspect. We would tell the story of different groups and their process in creating their production. This would allow us to create a completely new production with plenty of B-roll opportunities. As I said before this is my favorite idea as well as one that's feasible for us to complete. 

Overall, I'm really excited to get started and I'll be back in a couple of days to show you our timeline for the project. This year I want to actually utilize my timeline and create checklists to go alongside them to hold myself accountable. This is gonna be great I can feel it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I truly never thought this day would come but it has. I am officially done with my A level Media project. Part of me feels so much joy beca...