Sunday, March 3, 2024

Yes logo? No logo?

 When doing our social media research in class we were told that especially since our documentary would be episodic we should create something that makes it feel cohesive. We once again looked to Abstract for inspiration. 


Their logo simply consists of the title of the piece and we decided that it would be something that fit our documentary as well. We did some brainstorming for names because we couldn't make a logo without a name and landed on Create. Originally it was created, but after meeting with our teacher we decided to remove the ed and leave it as simply Create. Once figuring out our name we started brainstorming our logo. Let me tell you it was rough at first we were going through fonts and different effects, but they were all terrible. Some of them didn't even look like they said create and that's when we knew it was not gonna work out. My favorite app is Canva and I use it for absolutely everything so when we started brainstorming it was the first thing I opened. Since they have so many options I started shuffling through until I remembered they have letter frames that allow you to put a picture of them. Once we created this logo I felt like we were onto something. 
This logo represents the three mediums we will be focusing on audio, print, and film. Three letters are ombre black to grey and then the other three are pictures. I loved the addition of pictures I think it makes the logo visually interesting along with displaying what we are focusing on. We worried that this wasn't visually interesting enough, so we played with some color. 
To be honest I hated the color. I understand we are focusing on the creation of different art forms and there should be color, but I think the absence of color allows the episodes to bring the color. This is where we came up with the tagline for the documentary. 
I love this. Breathing life into every medium is our tagline and I think it is representative of what we are aiming to do with our documentary. While a poster is not our print component we still plan to make one as we feel it's important to help build the brand. Since social media is a component of our project we think we could include it on our social media page.
What a busy week am I right!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I truly never thought this day would come but it has. I am officially done with my A level Media project. Part of me feels so much joy beca...