Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Weekly updates + group meetings

 Hey long time no see! Just kidding... Anyway I have some important updates to give you before this week truly begins. First, I wanted to update you on our filming that happened last week. We were only able to film with yearbook since personal matters with one of our subjects prevented us from filming on Saturday. I plan to film with Riley and Abby this weekend, but I am waiting for confirmation from them on the day and time. Obviously, this messes up our schedule, but I think we will be fine especially since our social media component is starting sooner than we originally planned. With that, I plan to film and start posting on our socials this week. 

You may be wondering who these people are and it's my group from our class's first set of group meetings. I always get slightly worried when we do group meetings because I don't want to be judged for something even though there is probably nothing to judge me for it's just my anxiety. In the end, I do love group meetings because they bring me the reassurance I need to continue working hard on the project. My main takeaways from the group is that 6 out of 7 of us our documentaries, we're all worried about the social media component, and the struggles of original b-roll. I felt pretty prepared going into the meeting and not super insecure in the place I am within the project, so I didn't have much to ask about other than the social media. When it came to my turn that's what I talked about. In our research we all realized that many documentaries have no social media and that one's that do are kind of boring. I was glad to hear that mostly everyone had to rely on Netflix documentaries and everyone is also confused about what they have to post. So we discussed what we could post like pictures representing the documentary and audio interviews with b-roll to represent the other episodes.  I'm really glad we had the group meeting and I'm glad I didn't have one million hurdles to jump over during the meeting. I'm happy that I'm proud to talk about my project and that group meetings aren't embarrassing anymore. 

I love blogging this time around I think it's just so much fun to talk about something I'm so passionate about. I shall see you soon xoxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I truly never thought this day would come but it has. I am officially done with my A level Media project. Part of me feels so much joy beca...