Sunday, February 19, 2023

Plot

    I don't want too much judgment here when I explain my opening. It's a rough draft, but I've grown fond of the story over these past few days. My dream is to make this work and it's kind of reaching since I'm a perfectionist in some aspects. I was going to sleep stressing about the project and then an idea dawned on me. Always hearing write from experience stressed me out because my experiences don't seem so unique. My parents got divorced and my dad is the worst person I've ever met fighting for years in court wasn't really what I wanted to put out there. I didn't want to rehash trauma to get a grade it's something I don't like. 

    Taking AP Psych last year introduced me to a whole new world. Learning about mental illness opened my eyes to something that seems ignored in many circumstances. People turn a blind eye to serious illnesses and they don't get coverage. This leads people to live in silence their whole lives looking for help, but not knowing where to go for help. So what does this have to do with my story? In one of my past posts about psychological thrillers, I talk about schizotypal personality disorder. Learning about this last year showed me that people could think they are going crazy when in reality they need help. Enough with the foundation here's what I'm planning.

    The first shot will open to red curtains, this is where the title would appear introducing you to the movie. The main character would be a girl who opens the curtains. She shyly pulls them back and then introduces herself through a mic, but before she can get much further people in the crowd begin talking to her and telling her every wrong thing she's ever done. This would not be her reality. This is inside her head. After that occurs the credits would be shown as the shots change to different people. Eventually, the noise will be too much and she will scream, leading to the screen going black. The returning shot will be the girl in her bed confused as to what happened. These delusional thoughts are making her live a more complicated life than necessary, but since she doesn't know what's going on it seems like a never-ending cycle. 

    I'm excited to start developing more of this. Thanks for reading, see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I truly never thought this day would come but it has. I am officially done with my A level Media project. Part of me feels so much joy beca...