Friday, March 22, 2024

Editing research

     Time is ticking by and we will be starting to edit soon so of course we have to do some research first. We of course have done some previous research due to our previous documentary project so this won't be the most extensive research, but more of a reminder of common documentary conventions. 

14 Video Editing Tips for Cutting a Documentary

I found this article and I really liked all the approaches it had when talking about the documentary. First, it begins with just the basics and while they are simple reminders it's little things that amateur filmmakers tend to forget about. The simple tips continue throughout the article but are truly helpful because in times like this upcoming week were we will be off school I can refer to articles like this since I can't talk to my teacher. My favorite tips were 7 & 8 because they included detailed videos with examples of what we should replicate. Tip 9 we have to ignore since we can't use stock footage or photos only original b-roll. I'm worried it will become a problem for us in the future but remain optimistic we will be able to figure any issue we have out. 

How to Edit a Documentary Film (Start To Finish)

This article is a great checklist and very detailed. This even includes steps that we will most likely skip over. I just love how much detail it gives and how each step has a check beforehand. Obviously, we have made a documentary people but this one is so much more important to us and we want it to look ten times better than the last one. I'll most definitely be coming back to this article to check out what we should be doing with each set and if we are making it look as good as we can. 

Making a Documentary From Start to Finish - Beginner Tips

Lastly, I enjoyed this video because it gave me a quick synopsis of everything I need to cover and ensure I do to create the perfect documentary. 

I'll be back shortly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I truly never thought this day would come but it has. I am officially done with my A level Media project. Part of me feels so much joy beca...