Wednesday, April 3, 2024

big updates

This has been one of the craziest weeks of my life and the project is closing up so I have a lot of big updates to share with you right now. 

Group Meetings

On Tuesday we have our final group meetings. We stayed with the same group from the last meetings and gave updates on our projects. While I didn't have much to share since we hadn't done much editing, I got to see two of my classmates' projects. This helped me understand how long editing would take and it made me feel a lot better. Most people were able to get it done in one to two days. We also discussed our issues with social media once again. Everyone still seems to be struggling a little bit and I gave my feedback on that as it's the one thing I feel I have a grasp of. We all decided to give each other a follow and start interacting. 

Editing

We began our extensive editing this week as the time is quite literally counting down. We started with our original trailer and built off that. We decided to stick with our plan to do the beginning of the project. After editing around two minutes we remembered an idea we had to add a voiceover at the beginning. We drew up a quick script with the help of my mom and then realized neither of us were equipped to do the speaking so we asked our friend Valentina. She was very quick to say yes and I was very grateful to her for that. She quickly sent over an audio file and we started to add it to our work. 


After getting the audio we realized the b-roll we had would not be sufficient enough to fill these new words we introduced. That realization made it clear to us that we would need more so we began to plan the new clips we would need. I remembered a room from my elementary school and quickly asked my mom if we could use the room to film. She said yes so we hopped in the car and went to film. 


We also planned to film more b-roll with my friend Vicky to demonstrate the audience a podcast has. Along with that we have been experimenting with animation, but it's a rough road for beginners and it might not make the final cut. 

Lastly, I had all these questions planned to ask my teacher on Thursday, but a water main broke outside our school this afternoon, and now school's canceled tomorrow. I'm convinced these things only happen at my school when things actually need to get done. That doesn't matter though because it's completely out of my control and what's in my control is this project so I will continue to work on that with Maria throughout the day tomorrow. 

Once again thanks for hanging around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I truly never thought this day would come but it has. I am officially done with my A level Media project. Part of me feels so much joy beca...